We have a vacancy for a Supply-Chain Junior Buyer Intern. This internship offers an opportunity to gain practical experience with varied business activities, in a busy, growing subsidiary of a major international corporation. This includes shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced and accomplished business professionals, involvement in business meetings and attending networking events.
A flexible schedule (hours per-week around core availability times per-day) is operated, to support candidates with ongoing learning. A permanent placement is envisaged to be made available to candidates who demonstrate proficiency, ambition and trust in the role, following completion of the internship.
• Graduate, with Business Administration degree or similar, at 2:2 or above grade.
• Goal-oriented; articulate; resourceful; trustworthy; accurate; methodical; time-management and multi-tasking abilities, and proven attention to detail.
• Foreign languages an advantage but not essential (French, Mandarin / Cantonese, or Hindi).
• Supply-Chain qualification / certification would be beneficial.
To support the development, administration and optimising of relationships between Weldability Sif and its factories, licensed manufacturers, and suppliers, for allocated product categories. To ensure products within the allocated categories are sourced and produced correctly, ethically, and at best value, consistently to specification, delivered on-time, and within optimal commercial terms for the business. Conducting supplier audits as required and maintaining an optimum stock-level. To prepare purchase requisitions, transmit approved purchase orders and record the receipt of products into stock, for payments to suppliers against their invoices. To capture, log and internally share key purchasing data relating to suppliers and products, via the company ERP / MRP software. Maintaining the relevant records in support of supply-chain activities and ensuring softcopy documents are attached to relevant products and transactions.
• Raising Purchase Requisitions and overseeing the progress of allocated Purchase Orders.
• Providing a consistent point of contact by phone & email for pre-, mid- & post-purchase matters.
• Ensuring all products are supplied in latest packaging designs, complete with necessary barcodes.
• Reviewing and publishing technical / sales documentation, guidance notes and manuals.
• Working with Customer Services and the Quality Team to deliver corrective action and rectify any product faults or non-compliances quickly and accurately.
• Other supply-chain support duties in relation to allocated categories, as required.
• The role will initially be home based until government guidance changes,
following which you will be required to work at our premises in Letchworth, Hertfordshire.
• The closing date for this role is Friday 30 April 2021 and interviews will be held via MS Teams.